[Asterisk-Users] FreeBSD status

Dr. Rich Murphey Rich at WhiteOakLabs.com
Sun May 30 10:33:20 MST 2004

The status of the FreeBSD port of Asterisk

Changes this week:

Rich Nesse fixed compilation of app_intercom
and chan_oss.  A solution to bug 1411,
recursive lock inititalization, was submitted
that seems to be stable on FreeBSD 5.2.1 in
terms of up-time.  Libpri builds on FreeBSD
as well now.

Maxim Sobolev updated the zaptel driver in
FreeBSD ports, now called version 0.4.
Although this version seems to work with
Asterisk current, more work is needed to
merge the FreeBSD port and the zaptel driver
in Asterisk current.  It's still a bit tricky
to build the FreeBSD ports driver together
with Asterisk current from cvs.

What's next:

We're working on getting all the modules
working and eliminating compile time
messages.  Work on the zaptel driver has
begun but might take a week or two before
it's complete enough to test.

Sip, Iax2, and X100P are working.  We're
having troubles getting full-duplex sound
with a modem.

We need testers.  Well, actually, we need to
distribute source and binaries that can be
tested.   As a last resort, I'll host it
myself, but please speak up with any ideas as
to what would work best.

Cheers,
Rich