[Asterisk-Users] Compiling Asterisk with gcc 3.4

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sun May 30 06:39:12 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 07:41, Karl Rannseier wrote:
> Hi there..
>
> Compiling Asterisk (CVS from 10.05.04) with gcc 3.3.2 works fine.
>
> But I have to compile the Kernel with GCC 3.4.

Why do you "have to" use 3.4? Even if you use 3.4 for the kernel, you
can use a different version for your applications.

> Trying to compile Asterisk with gcc 3.4 will result in a
> compiler-crash.

Qualify this, is there error messages about the code or does the
compiler itself segfault. If the compiler fails, you need to make sure
your machine isn't the problem. Then you need to contact the gcc people
to see why the software blew up, especially since it is a "stable"
release.