[Asterisk-Users] E164.org Updates

Duane duane at e164.org
Sat May 29 20:32:32 MST 2004

Firstly we've setup a SIP proxy that uses e164.org to do enum lookups,
also rather then issuing people with yet more numbers they have to
remember we've coded up a watered down version of e164.org for people
that would just like to have a single SIP phone rather then run their
own PABX. http://www.Like2Fone.Com for more details on that service. The
plan is to get people hooked on VoIP so they will setup Asterisk at a
later date and make the most out of an enum lookup service.

We've also started to import blocks of numbers into e164.org and allow
people to manage the blocks themselves via the web interface. Currently
we're not issuing NS records at this stage as it limits smaller and
single number blocks and we end up with the situation the ITU has where
carriers don't want to proceed so they don't sub-allocate DNS. Long term
we're thinking of doing this in a secondary zone and allowing people to
order which preference they prefer or only allocating NS records on
small blocks of number ranges.

So if you have a large chunk of number space and are happy to advertise
it over the net in DNS, email me the range and the associated VoIP URL
off list.

--
Best regards,
  Duane