[Asterisk-Users] bug or feature?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Sat May 29 13:28:54 MST 2004

At 7:33 AM -0700 on 5/26/04, Maveric wrote:
>I've noticed that when i pass a wait in an exten => that it doesn't
>allow for dtmf tone input.  Also on another note i've noticed that
>when using gotoif it will also cut the dtmf tones and drop the first
>part if the gotoif is hit in the middle of input.  Anybody else seen
>this or have this problem?

[catching up on >800 -user posts - sorry for delay]

Nobody on the list suggested this method that I saw:

Use the "Background" application, but play silence.  You'll notice in
the asterisk-sounds directory (the additional package) there is a
directory called "silence" which contains 10 files ranging from 1 to
10 seconds of silence.  Works the same as Wait from the user's
perspective (they hear nothing) but lets the user type keys.  That's
why I made those files; it's only a slightly ugly hack, and it works
quite well. :-)

JT