[Asterisk-Users] Problem with digits blending on inbound puls ed digits?

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Fri May 28 18:20:39 MST 2004

To answer my own question for the record:

The relevant timing parameters in zaptel.h are

 #define ZT_MINPULSETIME (15 * 8)        /* 15 ms minimum */
 #define ZT_MAXPULSETIME (100 * 8)       /* 150 ms maximum default, lowered
to 100ms */
 #define ZT_PULSETIMEOUT ((ZT_MAXPULSETIME / 8) + 50)

And the pulse detecion loop that consumes these parameters begins at line
4866 of zaptel.c

The intermittant loss of pulses from second and/or subsequent digits
appeared to be caused by a slightly too long blanking period that occurs
after the interdigit timeout occurs. Lowering MAXPULSETIMEOUT, recompiling
and reloading the zaptel.o modules appears to have fixed the problem. Likely
this is happening because they are CO generated DID pulses and hence tuned
for as fast a signalling rate as possible.

For the interested (or bored) far too much information about digit
signalling can be gleaned from:

http://ftp.tiaonline.org/tr-41/tr4138/Public/2004-02-Vancouver/TR41.3.8-04-0
2-002-L-(word)PN-3-4350.230RV3-Draft02-NetworkSignaling%20,DMcKinnon,AST.doc