[Fwd: Re: [Asterisk-Users] call pickup fails.]

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri May 28 15:42:53 MST 2004

> More than one hundred messages related to *8 or call pickup problem in
> last 6 months!!
>
> Please someone in the development team could clarify this and make
> himself responsible for the response.

I'm not sure what you're asking for, but *8# has been working just fine
here since about October last year and still working fine on current Head
cvs. If you're asking for something else, then how about rewording it.

If you really are talking about plain old call pickup, our cisco 7960's
work just fine with a sip.conf entry like:
[3001]
type=friend
username=3001
secret=mysecret
host=dynamic
context=sip-in
callgroup=2
pickupgroup=2
mailbox=3001

with extensions.conf entries like:
exten => 3002,1,Dial(SIP/3002,15)
exten => 3002,2,Voicemail2(u3002)
exten => 3002,102,Voicemail2(b3002)
exten => 3002,103,Hangup

and incoming fxo lines in zapata.conf like:
context=inbound-bus
<snip>
callgroup=2
channel => 4

If that's what you want and it isn't working, then I'd suggest reviewing
your dialplan.