[Asterisk-Users] PCI 2.2 ??

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri May 28 12:33:07 MST 2004

On Friday 28 May 2004 14:51, Bartosz Jozwiak wrote:
> I have bought TDM04B card and it works in PCI 2.2 ver. slot.
> How can I check if specific mother board support PCI 2.2 ver.
> I do not have any documentation for that motherboard.

Then you'll never know for sure.  You can't find a manual online?

I'd say all modern motherboards (P3-era and newer) are PCI2.2, at least from a
feature standpoint.  Whether the mainboard manufacturer connected up the
hardware correctly is another matter.

It still chaps my ass that PCI2.2 systems do not ship with universal PCI slots
instead of 5V-only PCI slots -- PCI2.2 demands that both voltages be present,
and I'm willing to put money down that any chipset that supports PCI 2.2 has
drivers which work correctly in 5V and 3.3V systems.  I know from my TE405P
hack-n-slash that at least one FPGA vendor's PCI 5V I/O blocks work just fine
in 3.3V slots.  :-)

-A.