[Asterisk-Users] Zap callgroup/pickupgroup question

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri May 28 09:17:05 MST 2004

I'm trying to set up asterisk so any phone connected to channel 1-16 of my
Adit600 channel bank can pick up a call coming in on channel 24.  I do not
wish to ring any of the 16 channels on an incoming call -- this is strictly
so I can pick up the line if I see it ringing and wish to answer at work.

I have channel 24 in call group 3, and channels 1-16 in pickup groups 1 and 3.
However when a call comes in on channel 24 and I try to pick up with *8# I
get a fast busy.  The console doesn't show anything between the my picking up
a channel, dialling *8# and hanging up after getting fast busy:

    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/2-1'
[ I dial *8# here and get fast busy ]
    -- Hungup 'Zap/2-1'

Am I missing something obvious?  I don't see anything that would indicate so
on the wiki.

Regards,
Andrew

zapata.conf:

---------------8<---------------------
[channels]
context=fxs
signalling=fxo_ks

usecallerid=yes
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes

hidecallerid=no
threewaycalling=no
transfer=no
cancallforward=no
callreturn=no

echocancel=32
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=yes
relaxdtmf=no

group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1,3
immediate=no
callerid="Benshaw VOIP" <(256) 848-5432>
channel => 1-16

context=fxo
callerid=asreceived
signalling=fxs_ks
transfer=no
group=2
callgroup=2
pickupgroup=2
echocancel=128
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
callprogress=no
channel => 17-23

context=in_1234567
callerid=asreceived
group=3
callgroup=3
pickupgroup=3
callprogress=no
channel => 24

extensions.conf for in_1234567 context:

[in_1234567]
exten => s,1,Dial(IAX2/benshaw at ak_home/s,20,Ttr)
exten => s,2,Dial(${FXOTRUNK}/${AKCELL},,Ttr)
exten => s,3,Hangup