[Asterisk-Users] Wiki TOS - worrying for an open source project?

Matthew Simpson matthew at symatec-computer.com
Fri May 28 09:18:13 MST 2004

> From: Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com>
> The other part is that a wiki is really unmirrorable using normal
> methods of mirroring a site. You need to just run the same software and
> have the database behind it mirrored. I'm sure if the wiki is running a
> new enough version of mysql, and the admin is willing, you could set up
> a mirror of the database and then set up a full on replication. Mysql
> supposedly supports replication, might want to put it to some use.
> --

I don't know who is hosting the Wiki right now, but we are willing to either
host the Wiki as a mirror, or be a mysql replication mirror.  We are using
mysql replication
right now to replicate amongst three servers for our RADIUS and other hosted
apps and it works
very well.

We also do daily backups of the "master" mysql server to an offsite
location.

We would do this free of charge, of course.  We are using asterisk as a
media
gateway with Digiums TE405P cards and we appreciate the work that is going
into Asterisk.

Contact matthew at txlink.net or 972-617-2877

yours,
Matthew Simpson