[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID with BT CD50

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Fri May 28 01:12:08 MST 2004

Robert Boardman [robb at boardman.me.uk] wrote:
> First of all thanks for the patch it works great,
>
> but i think it breaks the distinctive ringing,
> I have 2 incoming numbers in one x100p in contexts home1 and home2 but
> 'default' is always chosen has anyone else seen this?

Yes - it does break the distinctive ring detection, but that's easily
sorted out.

The "correct" way would be to move the "if (p->use_callerid == 2)"
code within the existing "if (p->use_callerid)" block, with a couple
more "if" conditionals here and there.  The quick way, however, is
to apply the attached chan_zap.c hack over the top of Tony Hoyle's
great work.

In the standard chan_zap.c, you can't have distinctive ring detection
unless you also need Caller*ID detection.

My hack makes two changes:

    1. Changes an "else if" into an "if" to get the "world = USA"
       Caller*ID code to run.  This will waste a little time, but
       no more than we were wasting anyway, before Tony's patch was
       applied.

    2. Comment out a line of code to ensure that we always answer
       after the first ring.  We need the first ring to give the
       the distinctive ring code something to work with, of course.

It works for me.  Hopefully it'll work for you too.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz