[Asterisk-Users] G.729a beta codec on old Pentiums - FIXED

Christopher Lee chris at datachaos.com.au
Thu May 27 19:59:24 MST 2004

Hi All,

Just thought I'd provide a quick summary on this thread as the problem is
now resolved.

I didn't actually hear what the cause of the problem was as Digium shelled
into my machine last night (Australian time GMT+10 here :-) and installed
the codec and checked the license registration for me.

Today I decided to replace the old g729 codec with the G.729 beta codec on
my local Asterisk box, and noticed that the Digium FTP server now has
different codecs for each different platform (athlon, i586, i686 etc). I
grabbed the codec in the athlon directory since the local machine is an
Athlon XP 1800+ and went ahead and registered the codec without any
problems, and restarted Asterisk and all is working fine.

I'm happy to report the beta g729 codec appears to be working nicely here
with the Cisco 7940 (SIP 7.1 firmware) and over IAX2 to my remote Asterisk
box, both boxes are running the latest CVS-HEAD (as at 28/05/04).

Cheers,

Chris Lee

  _____