dialogic was RE: [Asterisk-Users] "Glare" condition - How well does asteriskhandle?

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Thu May 27 17:27:36 MST 2004

Hi Paul-

I actually said 4 E1's to a chassis (one TE410P) was best I've been able to
do.  And yes I do believe that it is the short call profile (large number of
call setups) that contributes to the limit - if you're doing longer calls
then the limit seems to be more related to the number and type of
transcoding you're doing.

But anyway, its pretty easy to test an IVR scenario if you have two systems
(and two Digium quad E1 cards).  Build 4 E1 crossover cables and use one
system as a call generator and the other to receive.  On the sender, I wrote
a script that generated short calls on a pseudo-random basis.  On the
receive side, I simply answer, play a prompt, and hang up.

This is how I came up with my observed limit.  It sort-of works at 120
channels, with lots of framer re-tries, but if you try all of this with a
second board in each, like 5-8 spans, - no way.  All of this with a dual
Xeon 2.6GHz.  Same results with a 2.8 P4.

But again I stress that this is an admittedly worst case scenario.

Cheers
Scott

Scott M. Stingel
President,