dialogic was RE: [Asterisk-Users] "Glare" condition - How well does asteriskhandle?

tim panton tpanton at attglobal.net
Thu May 27 12:59:11 MST 2004

Steve Underwood wrote:
> Jason Williams wrote:
>
>> At 09:16 27/05/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe the time and effort would be better spent finding out why the
>>> Digium card won't work on the NTL's PRI and either fixing it or
>>> providing the information and testing facility to someone who can.
>>

>> NTL's PRI uses ISDN 85  not q931 so a ne protocol stack would need to
>> be written.
>

> I think you means ISDN 85 not EuroISDN.
>
> Good heavens. I thought ISDN 85 died out in about 89. :-)
>
> I don't know where you would get the spec these days, but it shouldn't
> be a lot of work to modify libpri to add another variant of ISDN.

I should say that I don't _know_ what NTL are delivering me,
I haven't (yet) tried it with a digium E1 card.

What I do know is :
	1) the dialogic card claims to be running CTR4 on an E1 ISDN PRI
	2) other folks on this list have had difficulty getting digium cards to
talk to NTL.
	3) exactly the same dialogic config works on BT and the Dutch PTT's E1
lines.

So it _may_ not be a problem for me as NTL is a patchwork of smaller
telcos, my area (Manchester) may be more up to date.

Anyone know an easy way to tell what I've got ?
(or will I have to ask NTL -aaaagh)

T.