[Asterisk-Users] Silly incoming SIP failure

Julian Pawlowski lists at jp-solution.net
Thu May 27 12:26:51 MST 2004

Hello folks,

i upgraded to the actual CVS head from yesterday (27.5.) but can not get
incoming SIP calls from my provider (sipgate). If someone calls my
number, my asterisk responds with the following error:

May 27 21:30:21 NOTICE[1114606512]: chan_sip.c:6351 handle_request:
Failed to authenticate user "<CallerID>"
<sip:<CallerID>@217.10.66.11>;tag=as38e9693c

I have the following entry in sip.conf:

------------------
register => 1838933:8mtbdz at sipgate.de/1838933

[sipgate.de]
type=user
context=sip-in
nat=1
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw

Although outgoing calls (with another entry of type peer) work well.

Additionally the commendation not to assign real hostnames as section
name does not work. the section can not be found by the
register-function... :-(

Can somebody help me out?

Regards

Julian Pawlowski