[Asterisk-Users] CAPI / Channels

Julian Pawlowski lists at jp-solution.net
Thu May 27 11:39:27 MST 2004

> With this capi.conf and two AVM controllers (one PCI, une USB) with hacked drivers, we do have
 > random problems, when we have many calls, our server hangs and we
must reboot.

Should be up to your hacked drivers, not up to asterisk.
Use active cards (or at least one) to prevent those failures. Maybe you
can use older ISA-based cards, they can be bought e.g. at ebay for only
a few euros...

> P.S. what do you mean with PTMP line?

PTMP means Point-To-Multipoint and is the operation mode of your ISDN
connection (in Germany it is called Mehrgeräteanschluss/Basisanschluss).
You can connect several phones (up to 8) at the same time directly to
your NTBA.

Of cause you have PTP, which stands for Point-to-Point. In this mode you
need to connect an telephone system in order to be able to make calls.
(in Germany it is called Anlagenanschluss).

Regards

Julian Pawlowski