[Asterisk-Users] CAPI / Channels

Julian Pawlowski lists at jp-solution.net
Thu May 27 07:53:07 MST 2004

> Question:
> Do I need to insert the 100 (or 50) Ohm resistor if I want to connect an
> old Auerswald PBX (ets2106) to the NT mode card, or does such a PBX
> already come with terminiation?

Yes you always need to install the resistors (take 75 or 50 Ohm for
better work, they're better than 100).

The NT mode means to emulate an Network Termination Basic Access (NTBA
-> normally you are in PTMP mode). Every NTBA has included those
resistors but your ISDN card does not. So you have to install them
yourself. You can use an old NTBA if you would like to make it very
easy. Please note that you would need 2 more resistors if you connect an
  S0 bus to the asterisk's NTBA behind the last connector as this is
ISDN standard.

Regards

Julian Pawlowski