[Asterisk-Users] spandsp hylafax asterisk and confusion

Terry Goodwin TGoodwin at packagingcorp.com
Thu May 27 04:53:18 MST 2004

Damn! :-(

Now that I have spandsp working on my * I was going to try and get it
working with hylafax.

Is there any other means of faxing from the desktop (windows PC) via
asterisk?

The solution needs to be "user friendly".  I like the solution that
allows the user to "print" from an application (word, notepad, browser,
terminal session, etc) to a fax driver which in turn connects to the *
server for transmission.  A bonus would be that the faxing application
kept a "directory" of the numbers the user faxed to for easy repeat
faxing.

Any solutions out there like this?

Respectfully
Terry

Christopher Lewis wrote:

>I appreciate all the support SpanDSP is getting on this list, and the
work
>that went into developing it.  It's nice to see that Asterisk actually

>supports sending and receiving faxes now.
>
>One thing I was expecting to see here is that HylaFax works with
SpanDSP, but
>I haven't seen any documentation for this.  Is it possible to use
SpanDSP in
>conjunction with HylaFax to route the printing and/or emailing of
faxes.

spandsp and HylaFAX will not currently play together. I did some work
towards giving the FAX modem in spandsp and optional Class 1 AT
interface, but it is unfinished.

Regards,
Steve

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: