[Asterisk-Users] Voicetronix OpenLine4 -- Help Needed

Greg Blakely greg at vyger.net
Wed May 26 23:14:28 MST 2004

Hi.  I need help with my brand new Voicetronix OpenLine4 board that I
installed into Asterisk.

After building the Linux device driver and inserting the module, I
modified the /usr/src/asterisk/channels/chan_vpb.c file to uncomment the
US settings and comment out the Austrailian ones.

I made the appropriate entries for routing in vpb.conf and
extensions.conf....   All appears to be well, except that the volume is
VERY low.

On incoming calls, I can barely hear the call being answered by voice
mail.

On outgoing calls, only some of the digits are being heard by the CO,
with the call eventually timing out.

I've tried inserting "w" in front of the ${EXTEN} in extensions.conf,
but that doesn't do anything.

I've tried "dialtone" instead of "fxo" for the mode in vpb.conf, but
that makes it unable to dial out at all.

Can anyone help?

(Config files posted below)

; ----- vpb.conf ----

[general]
type = v4pci
cards = 1

[interfaces]

board = 1
echocancel = on
txgain = 12
txhwgain=12
txswgain=12
;
; For OpenLine4 cards
context = fromvpb
mode = fxo
channel = 1
channel = 2
channel = 3
channel = 4

;  in extensions.conf

exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(vpb/1-1/${EXTEN})

(which should be correct, since I don't have a leading "9" or "8" in my
dial plan.  All I'm trying to do here is send 7-digit calls out over a
loop-start CO line.)