[Asterisk-Users] tieline digit timeout

Tony tony at mail.applog.com
Wed May 26 14:09:15 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 14:48, Jeff Roberts wrote:
> Tony wrote:
>
> >I'm connecting to an NEC t1 card via t100p (working great so far!)
> >however I'm having problems dialing from the NEC system to an asterisk
> >extension (sip-grandstream). If I hit the trunck line and dial REAL
> >quick 103 I get the sip extension ringing; if I don't I get an invalad
> >selection message from asterisk - and I can see on the console only one
> >or two digits arrived.
> >
> >How can I globally make asterisk wait for several seconds on that t100p?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >t o n y

> Tony,
>
> I may not fully understand you question but it sounds like digittimeout
> is what you are looking for.
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+DigitTimeout
>
> Please keep me informed on your progress, off you list if you like.  I'd
> really like to do pretty much the same thing towards the end of this
> year and I'm having a hard time making my vendor pbx vendor understand
> why/what I want to do.
>
> -Jeff
Thanks Jeff - Hadn't forgotten about you :P
Things are working really well... I purchased a t1 card from GTS
Telephone in NJ - reconditioned for $300.00. Inserted it into my second
cabinet (first one has one already); then made a crossover cable to the
second t100p. After that just a few config changes and it started
working! I added this to dial from the ip phone to the nec extnsions:

; nec bridge
exten => _1XX,1,Dial(zap/g4/${EXTEN})
exten => _2XX,1,Dial(zap/g4/${EXTEN})

g4 is the 2nd t100p - this works perfectly.
the opposite doesn't (unless I teach everyone to dial REAL fast!)

Dialing from the ip phone to the nec works with these changes:

; dial a long distance outbound number - added 9 for nec link
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(${TRUNKX}/9 ${EXTEN:1},,Tt)
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,2,Congestion

However I'm getting a drop in the volume after the first ring (guess
asterisk does the first one). I've tried using the rxgain to no avail.
My nec friend will be in tomorrow -- he says he can bump the db's up -
but it bothers me there is a problem -- it wasn't there when I had
asterisk as the primary - nec as secondary.
If I can get the volume thing fixed I will stick with it that way until
I can map out all the things the nec is currently doing when a call
comes in .... lots of routing IVR and such. If it just had to route
incoming calls to a couple receptionists... I would be ready already!
I'll keep you up to date!
t o n y