[Asterisk-Users] "Glare" condition - How well does asteriskhandle?

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Tue May 25 17:32:04 MST 2004

> You are correct... No glare on a PRI
Are you sure?

What about the scenario where the CO switch offers you a call at the same
time you try to set up an outbound call on the same channel?

We dealt with this at my previous company (developing with VOS/CT-ADE and
Dialogic hardware connected to PRIs) and I'm pretty sure there was some
documentation from Intel that said how to deal with it. I think incoming
calls have to take precendence, so if you try and make an outbound call at
the same time an incoming call is presented, you answer the inbound call and
give it regular incoming call treatment, then failover your outbound call to
use a different channel.

Ultimately, PRI is all about exchanging messages in the right order, so it's
totally feasible that you could get glare, no?