[Asterisk-Users] Voice Pulse

digium.com at gavinhollinger.com digium.com at gavinhollinger.com
Tue May 25 13:59:40 MST 2004

Not sure on the kernel but My voicepulse worked 1st try by following these
instructions:

http://www.voicepulse.com/kb

The following settings are for VoicePulse Connect! users only, not
VoicePulse Broadband Phone Service users.  Please note that these examples
assume you are setting up Asterisk with a "plain-vanilla" configuration.
Because Asterisk is so flexible and powerful, we can't possibly provide a
configuration for every purpose, but these samples are enough to get you
started.

Assuming the following is your login information:

Host: gw5.voicepulse.com
Login: aBcdEfgH
Password: iJKLmNoP
Context: VPWS

Example extensions.conf:

[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=no

[default]
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial,IAX2/aBcdEfgH at voicepulse/${EXTEN}

[voicepulse-incoming]
; This context tells Asterisk what to do with
; incoming calls from VoicePulse (if you have signed
; up for DIDs
;
; We should now hear a "congratulations" recording
; on incoming calls to our VoicePulse phone number.
; Once we know that's working, we'll change this to a
; "Dial" statement (or something else depending on our
; needs).
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Playback(demo-congrats)
exten => h,1,Hangup
exten => i,1,Hangup
exten => t,1,Hangup

[voicepulse-outgoing]
; This is the context you should send outgoing calls to.
; Watch line-wrapping -- each "exten" should be one line
; with no returns in the middle.
;
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial,IAX2/aBcdEfgH at voicepulse/${EXTEN}
exten => _011.,1,Dial,IAX2/aBcdEfgH at voicepulse/${EXTEN}
exten => h,1,Hangup
exten => i,1,Hangup
exten => t,1,Hangup

Example iax.conf:

[general]
port=5036
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
jitterbuffer=no

; Put the next line in if you have an incoming DID from VoicePulse
register => in-aBcdEfgH:iJKLmNoP at gw5.voicepulse.com

[voicepulse]
context = voicepulse-in
secret=iJKLmNoP
auth=md5
type=friend
host=gw5.voicepulse.com

To make and receive calls we'll probably need some kind of SIP phone.  The
following sample sip.conf should serve as a good template:

[general]
port = 5060
disallow = all
allow = ulaw
allow = gsm

[johnsmith]
context = voicepulse-outgoing
type = friend
insecure = no
username = sipuser
secret = sippassword
host = dynamic
callerid = <2124001234>
nat = true

Last Modified: 2003-11-19         Number of views: 6395