[Asterisk-Users] Telus: Overseas calling

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Tue May 25 13:22:13 MST 2004

Hey Markus

> The question now is: how do I tell Asterisk to send
> everything starting with 011 as "unknown numbering plan"?
You can use the "pridialplan=unknown" option in zapata.conf but that will
then apply to everything.. which should be fine.. but I'm not sure about 11
digit dialing for local numbers.. Like.. 1604938xxxx is fine, cos Whistler
IS long distance from Vancouver 604, but 1604642xxxx might fail as the 1 is
not required - 642 is a local exchange. I guess you can do some clever stuff
with stripping the 1 if you know the NXX you're calling is local - I'm not
sure on the split in your call destinations that are local versus long
distance.

Chalk another one up to the great North American phone system - it's
different in Europe eh? ;-)

Cheers
Paul