[Asterisk-Users] Downgrading Asterisk

Nik Martin nmartin at radiancetech.com
Tue May 25 12:52:38 MST 2004

I upgraded to the latest HEAD version of asterisk, and all IAX calls started
sounding choppy.  It was suggested on the IRC channel that I go back to
asterisk -stable to determine if that fixes it.  Is downgrading as simple as
upgrading?  Because now, -stable builds fine, but I get an error on the
asterisk console when starting, something about "ast_get_txt"  not found.
Recompiling and installing asterisk HEAD afterwards works just fine.

As a side note, I recently upgraded my kernel to 2.4.26 and had an issue
with old kernel headers, but have since resolved that prior to trying this
downgrade.

Any ideas?

Nik