[Asterisk-Users] Telus: Overseas calling

Markus Mayer markus at calltrex.com
Tue May 25 10:56:59 MST 2004

Hi,

We ran into a little problem recently with our phone provider (Telus
Canada): we are unable to dial numbers outside North America.

This is what happens: the phone number 011... is sent out over our
T1, Telus sees the correct number on their switch. However the
switch thinks it's a North American phone number (and thus has to
have 10 digits) and rejects the overseas number as "excessive digits
received".

According to a Telus technician we are sending international phone
numbers as NANP (North American Numbering Plan). He told us we
should instead send it "unknown number, unknown numbering plan".

The question now is: how do I tell Asterisk to send everything
starting with 011 as "unknown numbering plan"?

Thanks for your help.

-Markus

--
Markus Mayer