[Asterisk-Users] 11 instead of Star

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue May 25 04:14:45 MST 2004

> From memory and reading the mailing list for a while now, I think Mark's
> dead against having these features in the dial plan, but I can't remember
> why.

I disagree with Peter; the most compelling reason to have them implemented in
the dial plan is because in the channel driver, I can't goddamned use # and
send the DTMF across to the other side unless I give up on transfer!

UNLESS, of course, hookflash on Zap will always work, irrespective of 'T' in
the Dial command.  I'm not nearly worried about SIP or IAX channels having
this perversion, since VOIP phones themselves should be able to send commands
out of band.  No such feature exists for Zap devices.

In the end, having this shit in the channel driver is a plain Bad Idea --
using regular DTMF is Bad, m'kay?

-A.