[Asterisk-Users] Troubles with Kphone]

Murali Krishnan ismk at myrealbox.com
Tue May 25 03:44:11 MST 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Troubles with Kphone
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:44:15 +0530
From: Murali Krishnan <murali at bksys.co.in>
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com

enano wrote:

>Hi ,
>

>I'm triying to use kphone 4.02, but when i'm make a call the programs
>doesn't respond any command, so i can't hear any sound ..
>

>in sip.conf that's my codec config:
>
>disallow=all
>allow=gsm
>allow=ulaw
>allow=ilbc
>
>and the kphone give the follow :
>SipClient: Sending: 06:46:28.116
>--------------------------------
>ACK sip:500 at 192.168.0.3 SIP/2.0
>Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.0.2;rport
>CSeq: 6121 ACK
>To: <sip:500 at 192.168.0.3>;tag=as12aab0bf
>From: "ivan2" <sip:ivan2 at 192.168.0.3>;tag=7F6911ED
>Call-ID: 155660827 at 192.168.0.2
>Contact: "ivan2" <sip:ivan2 at 192.168.0.2;transport=udp>
>

>res_search: NO result !
>res_search: NO result !
>SipClient: Sending to '192.168.0.3:5060'
>SipCallMember: localStatusUpdated: 200
>CallAudio: Using GSM for output
>CallAudio: Sending to remote site 192.168.0.3:19696
>UDPMessageSocket::SetTOS: Operation not permitted
>CallAudio: OSS device already open (readwrite)
>

>anyone can help me ??
>

>thanks
>

>Ivan

Check the following things.

1. Make sure your sound card is configured properly for record/playback
    - if not, do it with either kmix and test with gnome-sound-recorder
2. Make sure your identity is configured in sip.conf and extension.conf
correctly
3. Make sure kphone is registered with Asterisk
   File->Identity  - see whether 'Unregister' is there, (means you are
registered )
4. Watch for Asterisk Messages for any clue. ( asterisk -vvvvvc )
5. Make sure the destination extension you are dialing from kphone has
proper dialplan sequence in extension.conf
6. If you have  OSS sound configuration, immediately switch to ALSA.
  - visit alsa-project.org and search docs for your card type. Compile and
    install the packages. ( this OSS would be the major headache if you
are not
getting sound ).

If you are registered with Asterisk and your sound card is proper, and you
configured your destination extension routing properly in extension.conf
everything should work fine.

Get back with success.

Regards
Murali Krishnan.