[Asterisk-Users] SipTone II and Choppy/Stuttering Audio

Nick Grindley npg at itvv.co.uk
Tue May 25 01:21:02 MST 2004

Hi All,

* is running a dream now, however we have an odd problem that I am sure some
guru will be able to sort out for me in no time!!

When receiving or making a call about 60 seconds or so into the call we
develop choppy/stutter audio problems. It then seems to clear itself only to
return again, and so the pattern carries on! This has got me stumped!

Our equipment is SipTone II handsets, AVM C2 ISDN Card, Suse Linux 9 and we
are in the UK.

The SipTone II Firmware version is SipTone 1.2.0 rc Z_11

I have tried all codecs on the handset, i.e. g729, g711 ulaw and g711 alaw
(should I have altered something in * as well?)

In sip.conf we have: -

disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw

I think that * is unbelievable value and if I could only sort this out I
would be a happy bunny!!

Once again many thanks to the whole community for "holding my hand" whilst
installing this great software.

Kind regards to all

Nick