[Asterisk-Users] mpg123

Vasyl Rublyov vasyl.rublyov at ionidea.com
Mon May 24 17:09:28 MST 2004

Simon,

Just clean your /etc/asterisk/musiconhold.conf file.. .comments lik this:

[classes]
; default => quietmp3:/var/spool/asterisk/musiconhold/default,-z

It will stop running mpg123, but also it will stop music on hold
functionallity.

Is anyone will propose anything better then crappy mpg123 musiconhold? I
think playing wav files is better approach then playing CPU consuming mpegs.

Simon Brown wrote:

>When I start * I get 6 mpg123 processes start as well.  Is this normal?
>Often after a couple of days these mpg123 processes start to consume cpu and
>I have to kill them off.
>I do not have a sound card in the server and I have noload => chan_oss.so
>
>Simon

Thanks and regards,
  Vasyl Rublyov
  IonIdea, Inc.
  3913, Old Lee Highway, Suite 33B
  Fairfax, VA 22030
  Tel:  (703) 691-0400
  Mob:  (703) 395-0238
  Fax:  (703) 691-0401
  www.ionidea.com
A CMM Level III and ISO 9001 Company

-----
This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may
be legally privileged.
If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized representative
of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying or
distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments.
immediately byreturn e-mail and delete all copies of this message
and any attachments.