[Asterisk-Users] Sip Registration Problem

Karl Brose khb at brose.com
Mon May 24 16:40:10 MST 2004

It's a bug in Asterisk.
I believe it's still open also on the bugtracker. There are a few
reported senarios with these kind of problems.
Some of them where solved with the recent 'ast_gethostbyname' fix. Are
you running a recent version?

Btw, Ignoring OPTIONS is not a valid option (:-) whether sip proxy or
not, Asterisk doesn't do it correctly either.
The host should respond with 200/OK if the call >could< succeed
theoretically if it were an INVITE or else it should send a
404 or maybe a 487(? hmm, have to look)  see the RFC for details.