[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream message light button

Dean Collins dean at collins.net.pr
Mon May 24 15:26:20 MST 2004

I have finally set correctly the Message Wait Indicator feature on my
Grandstream (I was using the wrong context - I thought the documentation
referred to the {mailbox=210 at Context} extension context not the
voicemail context).

Voicemail.conf

[internalvoicemail]

20 => 1111,dean,dean at cogs.net,,attach=yes

30 => 2222,jodie,jodie at cogs.net,,attach=yes

Sip.conf

[20]                                           ; Deans extension

type=friend                                ; This device takes and makes
calls

username=20                            ; Username on device

secret=password                       ; Password for device

host=dynamic                            ; This host is not on the same
IP addr every time

context=from-internal                  ; Inbound calls from this host go
here

mailbox=20 at internalvoicemail    ; Activate the message waiting light if
this voicemailbox has messages in it

Anyway happy it's all working, but when a voicemail message is left and
MWI kicks in, the whole LCD display on the Grandstream flickers on and
off not just the message wait light.
Not that this is a problem but is there some way to make it that the
message light only flickers on and off.

Cheers,

Dean