[Asterisk-Users] using the asterisk mailbox utility

hank hank at hanksmith.net
Mon May 24 13:08:12 MST 2004

hello according to this user guide found at
http://www.automated.it/guidetoasterisk.htm#_Toc49248768
it says the following
Voicemail - Please leave a message after the tone...

Ok, so you've got the basics going, and it's great - if you happen to sit by
you phone all the time. What happens if you are out/away from your
desk/sleeping
you'll miss those vital calls. We need to set up voicemail to capture all
those messages if we miss them.

The first thing we need to do is create the mailbox for Asterisk to use,
thankfully there is a little utility to do this:

/usr/src/asterisk/addmailbox

You'll be prompted for a mailbox number,
when I type in the following command
/usr/src/asterisk/addmailbox
it says that the command can't be found
is this utility still in asterisk? or is this user guide in correct on this
part of the set up?
so far these user guides are verry self explanitory and I am able to under
stand them quite well
thanks
hank
- -
Don't judge me because I'm blind. Judge me by what's inside. if you judge me
because I am blind, then it is you who is blind.
"time is the fire in which we burn," Tollian Soran.
"grudges aren't worth holding--One who holds them shows his self-weakness."
Contact info:
hank at hanksmith.net
Email: Same as MSN.