[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and OH323

Michael Manousos manousos at inaccessnetworks.com
Mon May 24 10:28:34 MST 2004

Red_Viking at gmx.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i want to use asterisk as a gateway for H323-Phones.
> But i cant get it work.
> I'm using a gatekeeper on another computer. My IP-phone is registered there.
>
> Does anybody can sent me an oh323.conf and extension.conf as examples?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Erik Bastian

In [general] section of oh323.conf enter the IP address of your
gatekeeper:

gatekeeper=<gatekeeper-ip>
context=default-h323
...leave default values for other keys.

In [register] section of oh323.conf enter the aliases/numbers/prefixes
that are handled by your Asterisk, e.g:

alias=111
alias=112
gwprefix=7
grprefix=6

In [codecs] section configure the encoding to be used by the OH323
channels (XXX define only one codec!), e.g:

codec=G711A
frames=20

Now, in your extensions.conf create the extensions entries which will
handle your incoming calls (those defined in the [register] section), e.g:

[default-h323]  ;The context was defined in oh323.conf,
                 ;[general] section
exten => 111,1,Playback(...)
exten => 112,1,Dial(SIP/snom1)
exten => _6XX,1,Dial(OH323/${EXTEN:1},20,tT)

Now you are ready to call your Asterisk by your H.323 IP phones
by just dialing one of the numbers you defined in the [register]
section (e.g. valid entries are: 111,112,700,78910,666,...).

Hope that helps,
Michael.