[Asterisk-Users] sip call using name in sip.conf

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon May 24 09:53:27 MST 2004

Hi!

> Now, going the other way around is more difficult.  #1 doesn't know
> the IP address of #2.  There is the concept of "register=>" in
> sip.conf, but that only registers _individual user-agents_ and does
> not allow one server to know that another server is at a particular
> IP address.

Hm, are you sure, or did I just misunderstand the problem? In the past I
had some trouble with the reliability of IAX registration, so I introdued
SIP registration for server B as a backup, and it works just fine:

* server B (dynamic):
register => ServBsip:pw at servA.domain.com

* server A (static):
exten => _0XXX,2,Dial(SIP/ServBsip/${EXTEN:1},30,r)

[ServBsip]
context=from-ServBsip
type=friend
username=ServBsip
fromuser=ServBsip
secret=pw
auth=md5
host=dynamic
nat=no
canreinvite=yes
disallow=all
allow=gsm

Feel free to split type=friend into type=peer and type=user and to
introduce deny/permit entries for the hostname/ip.

Cheers, Philipp