[Asterisk-Users] RxFAX generates no tiff file

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon May 24 06:55:31 MST 2004

Hi Darren,

There is no guarantee your problem is frame slips. However, a number of
people have reported problems with rxfax going wrong in the middle of a
page. A number have reported other fax hardware doing the same thing.
Every one I have investigated so far has been the same problem - frame
slips. It is a puzzle to me how these had previously gone unnoticed,
since they usually produce an annoying tick each time a slip occurs.
However, it seems a lot of people are operating their trunks like that.
How to fix them? This is left as an exercise for the reader......
Seriously, there are too many differences between people's setups for me
to really say. If you have a channel bank, * should be the clock master
for that channel bank. Try checking that it is.

Regards,
Steve