[Asterisk-Users] PRI problem???

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon May 24 06:03:07 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 07:37, Timothy R. McKee wrote:
> I thought the timing priority setting was for which incoming timing signal
> was used as the primary clock source, so I set the PRI as the highest
> priority clock source.  In the telco world this is that way it normally
> works.  Does the priority setting mean something different in zaptel.conf?
>
> My apologies to the group re the B channel restarts issue.  My searches must
> have been too specific.

> > Tim McKee
> >
> > configs:
> >
> > zaptel.conf
> > #
> > # span 1 is for channel bank (24 FXS)
> > span=1,2,2,esf,b8zs
> > # span 2 is for NuVox PRI (1-23B, 24D) span=2,1,2,esf,b8zs # span 3 is
> > unused span=3,0,0,esf,b8zs # span 4 is unused span=4,0,0,esf,b8zs # #

Anything other than a 0 for timing means you are accepting timing from
that source. Since you are connected to an outside provider, I would
suggest not accepting timing from the channel bank as it doesn't know
what timing the outside world is using.

So try
span=1,0,1,esf,b8zs # don't overdive what is probably a
			# short hall line.
span=2,1,1,esf,b8zs # I think the length here is just
			# back to the smart jack,