[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Prepaid

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Sun May 23 23:36:49 MST 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004, usedcanon wrote:

> I have a requirement for a setup with prepaid call credits.
>
> I am aware of the two applications available (been researching for the past
> week), app_prepaid and app_rateengine. However neither of the two sound like
> exactly what I want. However I was wondering that someone who has used it
> might be able to say if they could be used in my scenario.
>
> Basically my scenario is pretty straight forward. Credit will be allocated
> to the ddi, I dont need any announcements etc (maybe low credit warning
> during call could be useful thoug). From the users prespective everything
> will be transparent. However the call should disconnect when the credit runs
> out. The CDR and the account DB need to be adjusted according to the call
> made.
>
> My guess is that app_prepaid could used with modification, I am assuming
> here that this is not possible as-is with configuration.
>
> Basically in case of the prepaid app, the card number can be replace
> transparently with the callerID.

Hi,

I did this to app_prepaid - you can pass a parameter into Prepaid() -
its looked up in a table to find an "associated" card number - if that
is found then the card number prompt is skipped and the associated
card is used automatically.

I can send a patch if you like (will also include a minor change or
two to have app_prepaid work against CVS.

Steve