[Asterisk-Users] PRI problem???

Timothy R. McKee tim at baseworx.net
Sun May 23 19:52:28 MST 2004

I have just finished installing a new asterisk box at my work.  The box is
quite hefty, dual Zeon 2.8s with SCSI drives and 2Gb of memory.  I have a 4
port Digium T1 card for channel bank and PRI access.

I activated a PRI from a local CLEC (DMS-500 based, National protocol).
This PRI is on slot 2 of the card and is set as the primary timing source.
It is ESF/B8ZS.

All the software is latest CVS HEAD as of 5/22/04.

My problem lies in random intermittent drops of calls.  The entire PRI seems
to disappear, dropping all current established calls.  I see occasional
printouts on an asterisk management console showing all 23 B channels
resetting with no reason given:

pbx1*CLI>
    -- B-channel 1 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 2 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 3 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 4 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 5 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 6 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 7 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 8 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 9 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 10 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 11 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 12 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 13 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 14 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 15 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 16 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 17 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 18 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 19 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 20 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 21 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 22 successfully restarted on span 2
    -- B-channel 23 successfully restarted on span 2
pbx1*CLI>

(This is from an asterisk console started with -rvvvv.)

Has anyone encountered similar behavior in the past?  If so, what was the
resolution?

Thanks,

Tim McKee

configs: