[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Prepaid

usedcanon usedcanon at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 23 16:10:05 MST 2004

I have a requirement for a setup with prepaid call credits.

I am aware of the two applications available (been researching for the past
week), app_prepaid and app_rateengine. However neither of the two sound like
exactly what I want. However I was wondering that someone who has used it
might be able to say if they could be used in my scenario.

Basically my scenario is pretty straight forward. Credit will be allocated
to the ddi, I dont need any announcements etc (maybe low credit warning
during call could be useful thoug). From the users prespective everything
will be transparent. However the call should disconnect when the credit runs
out. The CDR and the account DB need to be adjusted according to the call
made.

My guess is that app_prepaid could used with modification, I am assuming
here that this is not possible as-is with configuration.

Basically in case of the prepaid app, the card number can be replace
transparently with the callerID.

All help, guidence and comments will be extremelly appreciated.

Umar.