[Asterisk-Users] T100P HDLC configuration

Vasyl Rublyov vasyl.rublyov at ionidea.com
Sun May 23 15:43:47 MST 2004

All,

Just now I tried Linux kernel 2.4.19, with old sethdlc utility...
everything works, so the problem seems in the zaptel driver or HDLC
implementation of Linux.
I really can't think the problem is in Linux kernel sources because it
has passed for 6 releases since they released new HDLC API... so the
problem might be in zaptel driver.

I had to hack the source code, so it not uses new API for 2.4.19 - does
not have hdlc_close, it should be hdlc->stop(hdlc) call.

The next issue which is quite important... what should be fixed so T100P
will work on new kernel. I am willing to volunteer and try to fix it,
only wish to confirm that kernel >= 2.4.20 works for other T1/E1 cards
with Cisco HDLC protocol.

Vasyl Rublyov wrote:

> Christian,
>
> Opss.. than where is the problem? Is it in kernel or is in zaptel driver?
>
> Could you please let me know when has been broken and if anyone is
> working on the fix for it?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Christian Hoffmeyer wrote:
>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Vasyl Rublyov"