[Asterisk-Users] *** Asterisk Sunday News: Conferences on the phone and IRL - "in real life"

Leif Madsen leif at hacklocalhost.com
Sun May 23 11:40:38 MST 2004

Just wanted to make a quick comment about the asterisk docs project.

Work seems to starting to progress forward, but we are desperately in need
of people to help document, especially the more advanced sections of
Asterisk.

I'll try not to go into too much depth here.  We are currently trying to
focus on the direction of book and what our ultimate goals are, plus getting
a better idea about how to write documentation.  Jared has done a fantastic
job starting to outline chapter 4 of the book (which we feel at this point
is the most important starting point for anyone starting with Asterisk).
After a hiatus of approximately 4 months (I was back in a very dense course
curriculum so I was unable to do much work on the book) we are active again.
Please join us in #asterisk-doc to discuss any sections you wish to work on,
or join the mailing list and participate.  It's not nearly the same volume
of traffic as asterisk-users, so if you are on this list, might as well just
join asterisk-docs as well! :)

On the note regarding the new website, sypher has developed us a fantastic
layout that jsmith and his wife are working on putting together.  Exomorph
is working on putting together the CMS for us, so I figure within' the next
week or so http://www.asteriskdocs.org should have a new look and feel
allowing us to update content much my dynamically.

For now, I will be attempting to spend some time on writing docs.  Maybe
some people can join us!  This Tuesday we have a tentative
conference/discussion session setup to talk about what we have been working
on for the week.

Thanks for letting me use some your bandwidth,
Leif Madsen aka blitzrage.