[Asterisk-Users] T100P HDLC configuration

Michael A Rowley os2mac at earthlink.net
Sun May 23 09:24:38 MST 2004

Christian,

I think this is a YMMV, situation...  From what I have read in the Ham
radio lists, hdlc is supposed to work _better_ on the <2.4.26 kernels,
(they actually reccommend 2.6.5.  This support has apparently been
backported to 2.4.26.)  but you must use the sethdlc utility 1.15.  The
problem seems to stem from the fact that there are 3 versions of
sethdlc out there...  The version in zaptel source is 1.13 (I think
that's right) which would correspond to a 2.4.22 kernel, and the 1.11
version is pre 2.4.21...  If you are compiling the sethdlc version that
comes with the zaptel source, then 2.4.22 would be correct.    I am
going to try the downloaded version from the sethdlc web site.  Their
directions are rather explicit on which versions to use.

Of course, I am saying all this as second hand information.  I haven't
had time to "put my money where my mouth is" AIW.
As with most things, this will have to go with the caviat YMMV.  But I
have gotten replies from people who have hdlc working with 2.6.5
kernels, and one I believe is using 2.4.26...

I will post my actual experience when I get time to work on HDLC.  For
now, I will have to stay with the adtran to split networking and voice
services...  Too many pots, not enough burners.... :(

Michael