[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID with BT CD50

Karl Dyson kd at junesta.com
Sun May 23 08:02:33 MST 2004

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_administr
at
> ion_guide_chapter09186a00801e0eb0.html#wp1113416
>
> ETSI method (type 2).
>
> I know my CD50 still doesn't like this method, but then as the first
> generation device it can be *very* fussy at the best of times -
indeed, I
> think very short line lengths were a problem with this device, they
have
> problems with ISDN where the local NTE actually generates CDS.
>
> But as said the BT DECT 3010 is fine, and so is my CD20 etc.

Thanks for that.... I had only really thought of it while typing one of
my earlier replies about inbound CLI, and has automatically assumed that
the ata186 would not do CLI in a BT/UK way!

It looks like the Philips units don't like it anyway (they are ~4 yrs
old, mind). I've tried 19e62 and 19e66 so far (the main bits should be
fine as defaults I think, and so I just tried getting it to send it
before ringing, and after the 1st ring).

I'll try the BT CD 60 unit I have in a while to see if that can see the
CLI coming from the ATA.

Cheers,

Karl

http://www.star.net.uk