[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID with BT CD50

Karl Dyson kd at junesta.com
Sun May 23 05:05:53 MST 2004

> I have a USR modem too but it's a brick unfortunately...  Pity as it
was
> a nice modem... the right model too so it might have worked.
>
> I wonder what it would take to get the zaptel drivers to pick up CID
(or
> even a cheap conexxant modem or something like that) - these soft
modems
> are pretty dumb so I'd expect there to be some scope for frobbing them
> to do new stuff.
>
> Tony

As I say, I lent a Hayes modem to mother in law a year ago, but have
since upgraded her to a 56k internal, but cunningly left the old kit in
her loft (think of it as redundant storage of my old computer crap ;))
so will pick it up later and try it..... failing that, I've located a
possible Pace candidate....

Of course, although my wife is happy with the Cisco 7905s that have
sprung up around the house, she still likes the cordless DECT units we
have, and so they're plugged into an ATA186. Problem is, they no longer
display caller id due to the ATA186 not poking it out in BT format I
guess. If I were to buy some US cordless handsets would they do the
caller id display? Or am I pushing my luck now! (I'm afraid, nice as
they look, the Cisco 7920 cordless phones are a bit out of my price
range!!)

Cheers,

Karl

http://www.star.net.uk