[Asterisk-Users] fwd on busy when calling multiple extensions at once

John Fraizer tvo at enterzone.net
Sat May 22 16:36:58 MST 2004

Tor Roberts wrote:

> It was my understanding that asterisk would not let you register the
> same extension more than once. If that is not the case, I will try to
> register the same extension to all 6 lines.

On the 7960's, * does not get upset with having multiple appearances of
the same "line" on a 7960.  You just config the phone the same way with
all six lines.

> If all 6 lines are used on any of the phones then I imagine that only
> the other 3 phones will ring.

That's how it works.  One gotcha to watch for though is if you have a
+101 priority that goes to voicemail or something.  What would happen is
that when the VM answers, the other phones will stop ringing.

John