[Asterisk-Users] My TDM-400P FXO experience

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Sat May 22 15:42:37 MST 2004

Hi

> On Tuesday, May 18, 2004, at 07:50 PM, Leo Ann Boon wrote:
>
> > f. Be careful about the zap channel naming. With the old XP101, the
> > first channel (card) is Zap/1 and the second Zap/2. With the TDM, it's
> > Zap/1-1, Zap/2-1 ... Zap/4-1 for the 4 ports on the first card and
> > Zap/1-2 ... Zap/4-2 for the second card. You might need to update your
> > dial plan.

that sounds very strange .... are you sure?
as far as I know each Zap channel is unique, so with 2 cards
you should have from Zap/1 to Zap/8
The difference between Zap/1-1 and Zap/1-2 is (for example)
when you have 2 calls on the same zap channel, ie
when you have a call on the phone on Zap/1-1 and pressing
the flash key, you create Zap/1-2 on which you can dial
another exten.

I don't think that Zap/1-1 and Zap/1-2 are first channels
on different cards at all....

please double check that (as I'll do...)

Matteo.

--
Brancaleoni Matteo <mbrancaleoni at espia.it>
Espia - Emmegi Srl