[Asterisk-Users] fwd on busy when calling multiple extensions at once

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Sat May 22 11:59:27 MST 2004

IMHO, the Polycom IP600 is a superior phone to the cisco 79XX phones.  I
base this off of having had both an IP600 and a 7960.  The two advantages
the 7960 had over the IP600 was appearance and ease of
configuration.  Outside of that, the IP600 (IMHO) beat the cisco hands down.

Now, you MAY want to try registering all 6 lines on the polycom to the same
line and see if the phone handles that as well as the cisco.  If it does,
then you are set.  Otherwise, you will need some complex configuration work
in your extensions.conf to achieve what you are looking to achieve.

Some thoughts:

What do you want to happen when one of the call takers has all 6 lines in use?

Have you considered using queues to do what you need?

-Chris