[Asterisk-Users] How to share Zap channels in 2 Asterisk servers

David J Carter david.carter at codepipe.com
Sat May 22 10:40:30 MST 2004

Call the PBX300 using IAX2 from PBX200, make sure that the call goes into
the context that allows dial out.

Example.

exten => _543219XXXXXX,1,StripMSD,5
exten => _9XXXXXX,2,Dial/IAX2 at fred.blogs/BYEXTENSION

The first line looks for an access code '54321' followed by the access code
for an outside line '9' and then a number.
You next strip the access code for IAX linking and pass the rest to the
other Asterisk PBX.
The Asterisk PBX then runs the exten as if on the local machine.

Simple huh.

There is most likely a simpler method, but this works for me.

Dave