[Asterisk-Users] T100P HDLC configuration

Michael A Rowley os2mac at earthlink.net
Fri May 21 17:22:33 MST 2004

Hey Guy,

I am battling with this, but from what I have figured out, yours seems
to be similar to mine...  Read the "generic-hdlc.txt" file in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/network/ directory.  It was actually very
helpful for me.

Here's my two cents. :)

Your system is using frame relay mode: ansi, timing none.
so I think nethdlc should be fine, but your sethdlc should look
something like:

sethdlc hdlc0 fr lmi ansi
ifconfig hdlc0 up
ifconfig pvc0 *localIP* pointtopoint *remoteIP*

where localIP is the IP they set your T1 Router to, and remoteIP is the
gateway IP to your provider.

So... your MODE needs to be set to "fr limi ansi"

Or so It seems to me.

Let me know if this works, that way I can try it. :)

Michael