[Asterisk-Users] I have put iLBC at the top

nicolas albers at na-computer.de
Thu May 20 15:46:20 MST 2004

I want use iLBC and have following in mind, please help me is it possible ?

ISDN <-----(ALAW)-----> * <-----(ALAW)-----> SNOM
SIP  <-----(iLBC)-----> * <-----(ALAW)-----> SNOM

1. ISDN incoming codec is ALAW SNOM codec should be ALAW (can't be iLBC
because a lack of codec).
2. SIP incoming codec should be iLBC (snom is ALAW).
3. SIP outgoing codec should be iLBC /snom is ALAW).

I thought * is converting beetwen iLBC and ALAW but * force the use of ALAW
always, because i can not disable ALAW (need is for ISDN).

I have put iLBC at the top of allowed  codecs in general in sip.conf
but if i check codec with "sip show channels" * tell me it is the alaw codec
in use.

There was a discusion before, but have not understand is fully (sorry).

nicolas