[Asterisk-Users] G729 codec for asterisk

Roger grunky at rockriver.net
Thu May 20 13:14:07 MST 2004

pesb wrote:

>Hi there,
>             Here at my company we are willing to use the asterisk IVR system.
>The problem we are having rigth now is that all our GWs use G729.
>I've read that in order to asterisk be able to make transcoding from the GSM
>audio files to G.729, it is necesary to purchase a license from digium. Is
>this correct?
>
>I've seen that licenses are purchased on a per-channel basis. Could we make
>some sort of agreement on having a no-limit channel license? Even, we would
>like to have the possibility of installing it on how many machines we wish to
>do.
>
>I am really in a hurry here. Please answer as soon as possible.

Yes - you can get g729 support but you have to pay on a per channel basis -

If you have say 30 phones you could probably get buy w/ 25 licences.
The licenses limit the concurent number of g729 sessions.

We use g729 on our Cisco 7940's and it works great - I can get a clear
conversation over single channel isdn - which was our goal.  This is
impossible using straight g.711.

To purchase go here.

http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=asterisk_g729

--
Rock River Internet                          Roger Grunkemeyer
202 W. State St, 8th Floor                grunky at rockriver.net
Rockford, IL 61101                           815-968-9888 x102